Starting in September 2015, we have teamed up with the Andrew Simpson Sailing Centre to deliver a Professional Instructor Training Course, which will upskill successful students with a long list of qualifications and project them into a career in the watersports industry. Much more information will follow in the coming months, and to register your interest get in touch with us on 07817 717904 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. But for now take a look at the course’s unique selling points to whet your appetite:
- Located at the Weymouth and Portland National Sailing Academy, host of the sailing classes in 2012. It remains the RYA Olympic Team’s training venue, with the elite athletes around to rub shoulders with regularly. The facilities on site, are second to none.
- Students on the course will get a chance to meet Team GB’s athletes and quiz them about their lifestyles, schedule and hopes and training regimes.
- The Andrew Simpson Sailing Centre (ASSC) is fast becoming recognised as one of the top sailing centres in the country, with a vast diverse sailing fleet (including an Extreme 40!) and backed by the most prominent specialist sailing charity in the world.
- The Official Test Centre (OTC) has over 60 of the latest boards from the major brands and covering all the different disciplines, from wave to slalom. With accessibility to local coastal breaks as well, the OTC test all the kit for Windsurf Magazine, so have a constant window into the latest trends of the sport.
- The wind statistics of Portland Harbour are the best on the south coast, the wind funnelling between between Portland and the mainland to often be an extra force above the forecast strength.
- With strong connections in most areas of the industry, including the holiday sector, a successful student completing the PIT course will be guided towards the career that they desire in the industry, be it work in the UK, or abroad. This support will extend beyond the end of the course, keeping a student’s record on file to help career development in the future.
- The OTC has an onsite retail shop, so all equipment from wetsuits and buoyancy aids, to your own board and sail, can be bought at a discounted rate by those on the PIT course.