Should the wind not blow, or you fancy combining windsurfing in Portland Harbour with another activity, there are lots of options available to you. In fact, this area truly is a watersports Mecca, with sailing, kayaking, fishing, diving, kitesurfing and even surfing all possible in close proximity to one another.
If you’re looking to put together a watersports package for a group, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with us and we can discuss your requirements in more detail.
Scroll down for more information on kayaking / coasteering and sailing.
- Discover the Jurassic Coast, taking in the breath-taking scenery.
- Go mountaineering or climbing on Portland – there are graded acsents to suit all abilities.
- Surfing at the Cove on Portland.
- Mountain-biking and road biking.
- Fishing trips and local sea-angling hotspots.
- Kayaking tuition and the Jurassic Tours.
- Kitesurfing tuition in the Harbour.
- Diving available for all abilities, from complete beginner to advanced.
- Learn or improve your sailing with the best at ASSC.
Kayaking / Coasteering – Jurassic Coast Activities
Jurassic Coast Activities is a very welcoming and professional water-sports outfit run by Terry Sallows and his family. Providing options for many different watersports, their main focus is on kayaking and coasteering. Making the most of the area, they offer popular trips around the Jurassic Coast via kayak, taking in the fascinating scenery and informing you about the geological structures whilst doing a spot of exercise. And with several centres around the coast, there is rarely a tour postponed due to bad weather.
For more information:
Tel: +44 (0)1305 835301
Sailing – Andrew Simpson Sailing Centre
The ASSC is the new sailing partner at the Weymouth and Portland National Sailing Academy, founded in memory of the great man and Olympic star. Being our neighbours, it is very easy for us to put together a package for groups, combining both sailing, windsurfing and stand-up paddling. With an extensive line up of Laser, RS and other sailing vessels, the centre is very well run and has the capacity to cope with large numbers of clients with ease.
For more information:
Tel: +44 (0)753 201 6281