- Event: Core Skills Training
- Location: Osprey Quay, Portland, Dorset, DT5 1SA.
- Start: 18th November '17
- Finish: 11th March '18
- Time: 1000 - 1700
Over the winter the OTC will provide core skill training once a month for Techno sailors. The training sessions will be provided by Ali Masters, focussing on board handling skills and transitions in both light and strong winds, race tactics, starts and mark roundings. The winter period brings challenging conditions, and these training weekends are designed specifically to help the aspiring young racer become a stronger, more confident sailor. Dates for the training camps are as follows:
- 18–19th November
- 2-3rd December
- 6- 7th January
- 10-11th February
- 10-11th March
A few words from Ali:
“Target audience: Top of team 15, Zone squad sailors, UKDS, UKJS newcomers.
“Sailing Techno boards using sails between 3.5m & 7.8m.
“Aims of the programme:
- Up-skilling all aspects of Techno sailing with a programme full of board handling, core skills, speed, racing drills and exercises.
- Each weekend’s focus dependent on individual sign ups and their respective goals. Let us know when you book what you would really like to work on and the coaching team will endeavour to help you meet those goals.
- Ensured progression, enthusiasm and enjoyment of the sport even through the winter months.
- More windsurfing, less swimming and prepare yourself for the upcoming racing season!”
Costs are £30.00 for one day, £50.00 for two days. For more information, please call the centre on 07817 717904.