The OTC provides the unique opportunity to try and compare the boards and sails from all the major windsurfing brands, just as the equipment’s designers would have wished them to be used. This means that all the sails are rigged on their desired high carbon-content mast, and the boards maintained to the highest standard, racked by brand for easy distinction. There are in excess of 45 boards and 50 sails stocked in the centre, providing more than enough to go round for beginner, intermediate and expert sailors, even when the centre is running at capacity.
The OTC centre itself is a purpose built building which is used as the meeting point for groups and bookings. There is small retail area for equipment and accessories to replace any breakages and a coffee machine at the back to help warm up after those on-water sessions. OTC clientele are permited to use the changing facilities and showers of the Weymouth and Portland National Sailing Academy (WPNSA). Refreshments are also available throughout the day from the Academy café.
Kit hire prices (£)
|Equipment||Hours||Board & Sail||Board or Sail|
Terms and Conditions
- Opening times are from 10.00am until late, at the OTC staff’s discretion.
- Tuition is available – please visit our Windsufing School and Courses page.
- For intermediates and above is recommended that you bring your own wetsuit as well as harness.
- In using The OTC’s services, we will clearly describe the safe sailing area, after which we waive responsibility for your actions. Rescue cover is provided and the sailing areas will be continually observed when clientele are on the water.
- We reserve the right to assess the sailing ability of each client before allowing them to use our equipment. If we deem their sailing is sub-standard, we are entitled to deny them use of our kit.
You can secure your place at The OTC by pre-paying, using one of the following methods:
- Cheque drawn on a UK bank account in GBP
- Bank transfer to The Official Test Centre Ltd in GBP
- Credit Card payment in GBP (subject to 2% surcharge)
- Debit Card payment in GBP (only valid for UK issued debit cards)
To find out more about any of these options, please get in contact with us.
Pre-Paying Terms And Conditions
- This website is owned and operated by The Official Test Centre Ltd a company registered in England & Wales with the company registration number 5820506 whose registered address is Cedar House, Farm Lane, Crondall, GU10 5QE, United Kingdom.
- All services will be delivered by The Official Test Centre Ltd
- All prices include VAT of 20.0%.
- Cover for damage to our equipment is not included in the advertised prices.
- If you are paying by credit card and your card is not a sterling card, your bank will convert the transaction to your currency – you may not receive the same exchange rate used by the OTC to convert the advertised GBP prices to EUR.
- If you choose to pay with a credit card your booking will be subject to 2% surcharge. We accept Visa, Mastercard and JCB. We regret that we are currently unable to accept American Express or Diners Club cards.
- If you pay with a UK debit card (Electron, Solo or Maestro) you will not be subject to a surcharge.
- If you choose to pay by a cheque in GBP drawn on a UK bank account or you transfer GBP to The Official Test Centre Ltd UK bank account you will not be subject to a surcharge.