Exciting news for all windsurfers – The Official Test Centre (OTC) and the National Sailing Academy, have teamed up to provide the ultimate Weymouth and Portland windsurfing experience.
The Windsurfing Membership Scheme has had a massive boost, making the sport more accessible and launching in the harbour easier than ever before. Portland Harbour is one of the most exceptional windsurfing venues in Europe and with The Official Test Centre (OTC), windsurfing is now represented as it deserves to be within the Academy grounds. You can book tuition; hire and test the latest new and used kit, and browse the fully stocked shop, carrying everything you might need … all in one place. As such, with its location, facilities and resources the new windsurfing membership scheme represents unbeatable value.
Running from 1st April, annual membership will be £130.00 (£220.00 for a couple, £300.00 for up to four family members). The price includes:
- Vehicle parking in the WPNSA car parks.
- Use of the changing rooms and shower facilities.
- Launching fees and harbour dues for the year, providing access in all wind and tide states.
- OTC members T-shirt.
- Two free one-hour rentals of the latest equipment in stock.
- 10% off tuition from The OTC.
- 10% off WPNSA café prices.
All this, plus a calendar full of social events, demo days, pro-clinics, barbecues and more. And being statistically the windiest location on the south coast, we are sure the wind will show up as well. For more information, call The OTC on 07817 717904, or get in contact.
OTC Equipment Membership
If you’re planning to windsurf from the Academy and rent kit on a regular basis, it would be worthwhile considering being a member of The OTC UK, where you can have unlimited use of the equipment in stock. Now that is A LOT of kit, to enjoy whatever the wind strength.
- Members must initally join the annual club membership scheme above.
- Opening times are from 10.00am until late, at the OTC staff’s discretion.
- Minimum joining period is 6 months.